Science of Baking
The Science of Baking correspondence course emphasizes the "whys" of the baking process and provides a thorough understanding of ingredient formulations and interactions. It will help you deal with the many variables and unexpected problems that occur during production.
Be among the many to benefit from this up-to-date, flexible course. The course's format:
- Allows you to choose a bread or sweet goods emphasis
- Is offered in a modular format
Modules include (click each title for more details):
- Science of Baking - Foundations, Module 1 introduces students to the history of baking and the various aspects of the baking industry. This module also teaches the basic science and math skills required to complete the rest of the course.
15 lessons, 12.0 CEUs
- Science of Baking - Ingredient Technology, Module 2 teaches students needed information about the uses and functions of ingredients in bakery products. This course will also prepare students for the bread and cake modules.
14 lessons, 11.2 CEUs
- Science of Baking - Bread and Rolls, Module 3 builds upon the lessons in the Foundations and Ingredient Technology modules. Bread and Rolls teaches students about a wide variety of products and processes.
13 lessons, 10.4 CEUs
- Science of Baking - Cake and Sweet Goods, Module 4 builds upon the lessons in the Foundations and Ingredient Technology modules. Cake and Sweet Goods teaches students about a wide variety of products and processes.
11 lessons, 8.8 CEUs
Students will receive a certificate for each module they complete. (After all required exams are graded and score 70% or higher, you will receive a document of completion.) Modules 3 and 4 will not be sold without the purchase of Modules 1 and 2.
The learning materials for this course will be offered online with purchase of this course. If you'd prefer a printed copy of the learning materials, you can purchase your printed copy. There will be an email sent after you enroll, with information about how to purchase the optional printed version.
||AIB International has been accredited as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 12100 Sunset Hills Rd., Suite 130, Reston, VA 20190.