Food Science and Technology
Food Science and Technology was developed by AIB to fill a training gap that existed in the food processing industry for many years. It is unique for its breadth and design. We brought together many food scientists and industrial technologists and assembled the basic information that provides a well-rounded understanding of the food processing industry.
Science Primer - for reference, you will not be tested on these lessons
- Fundamentals of Food Engineering and Unit Operations
- Sensory Evaluation and Food Acceptance
- Food Preservation and Shelf-Life Extension
- Quality Assurance
- Food Sanitation
- Food Labeling
- Food Additives
- Canning Processes
- Canning Microbiology
- Principles of Dehydration
- Drying Processes
- Freezing - Basic principles
- Freezing Processes
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Wheat and Flour
- Ready-to-Eat Cereals and Snack Foods
- Bakery Products
- Pasta and Noodle Products
- Starches and Gums
- Jams, Jellies, and Confectionary Products
- Vegetable Fats
- Red Meat
- Poultry and Egg Products
- Fish Products
- Milk and Milk Products
- Mathematics I - Basic Arithmetic
- Mathematics II - Applied Math
- Physics I - Forces, Energy and Matter
- Physics II - Heat and Temperature
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
Features include: easy-to-read text, numerous illustrations make topics easy to understand and remember, technical details provide in-depth knowledge of each subject, self-check quizzes prior to each test boost your confidence, all lessons include a complete glossary of terms. Seven science lessons are included as a primer for the student to review. The course notebook is a valuable reference when you finish the course.
Enrollments are accepted any time. Lesson material and exams are accessed online using a computer. Access instructions will be e-mailed upon enrollment. To receive a document of completion, students must submit an exam for each lesson and receive a 70% or above.
Complete the course at your own pace. You have up to 3 years to complete the course.
30 lessons, 24.0 CEUs
- Internet Access
- E-mail Account (individual work or personal)
- Please check that your computer system meets our technical requirements.
Now available in LearningLab@AIB!
||AIB International has been accredited as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 12100 Sunset Hills Rd., Suite 130, Reston, VA 20190.|