GMPs for Food Plant Employees Online
This course was developed to help food processors understand the Good Manufacturing Practices. Sanitation employees, members of food safety committees and managers will all benefit from the information presented. Examples used are drawn from a wide variety of processing facilities including dairy plants, canning facilities, pasta plants, bakeries, frozen food facilities, etc.
The following topics are covered in this course:
- Module One, Definitions provides the definitions and background necessary to understand the meaning of the Good Manufacturing Practices contained in 21-CFR-110. (9:14.0)
- Module Two, Personnel and Personnel Practices covers the selection of personnel, delegation of responsibilities, development of plant policies for employees and visitors, and operational practices. (8:41.8)
- Module Three, Building and Facilities presents guidelines for the construction and maintenance of the manufacturing plant and grounds around the plant. (14:51.9)
- Module Four, Equipment and Utensils presents guidelines for construction and the installation and maintenance of processing equipment. (11:36.5)
- Module Five, Production and Process Controls covers the elements needed to develop an adequate food safety program. These elements include using production and process controls; establishing a food safety committee; conducting in-house inspections; analyzing raw materials and ingredients; developing operational methods; establishing cleaning schedules and procedures; creating pest control programs; and recordkeeping. (19:07.0)
Lectures are presented as Flash Player presentations and as HTML presentations. Students can listen to the course lecture while viewing related slides with the Flash Player software (available as a free download). Students can also choose to view the course in HTML format. Compatible with any browser, students can use the HTML presentation to read the course at their own pace. This option can be used if the Flash Player is not installed. Additional content is also available to students for use in this course. Documents are available as Adobe Acrobat PDF files.
Approximate time for narrated presentations: 63 minutes
Enrollments are accepted at any time. There are no fixed starting dates. Once you have enrolled you are given 60 days to complete the course. Students who receive a 70% or above on the final exam will receive a document of completion and .5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
- Internet Access
- E-mail Account (individual work or personal)
- Adobe Reader
||AIB International has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102; (703) 506-3275.
(Keywords: GMP, Online, Internet, Personnel, Buildings, Facilities, Equipment, Utensils, Production, Process, Controls)